( - hereinafter, the " Policy")
Latest update: September 21st 2023
Acceptance of the Policy and its amendments
By using the Website, the User is deemed to have read and accepted the Policy. The User agrees that the Company may periodically make certain changes to the Policy. In such event, the Company will notify Users of any material changes to this Policy by posting a notice on the home page of the Web Site for a reasonable period of time and changing the "Last Updated" date above. It is the User's responsibility to consult the Policy from time to time in order to take note of its latest updates, which take effect on the date indicated on the Policy.
Application of the Company Policy.
Types of information collected
The Company collects two types of information about Users: personal information and non-personal information.
Personal information (hereinafter referred to as "PI") is information that identifies natural persons, such as their name, contact details, address, e-mail address, telephone number, invoice number, financial information, etc. The Company may also receive PI from its business partners or other third parties, provided that these third parties confirm that the User has authorized them to share this information. The Company may also receive PI from its business partners or other third parties, provided that such third parties confirm that the User has authorized them to share such information.
While operating the Website, the Company may collect non-personal information about Users.
Collection of PI on the Website
As part of the operation of the Website, the Company may collect information about Users and clearly informs them of the compulsory or optional nature of their responses by means of asterisks (*).
PI is collected in particular, but not limited to, when the User:
- Participate in a contest or promotion;
- Join a Rewards Program ;
- Request information on the company's products and services ;
- Send comments or suggestions to the Company ;
- Fills out a job application ;
- Browsing the Website ;
- Purchases products or services.
The Company will only collect and process data that is strictly necessary for the purposes set out below. In addition, the collection of certain PI is subject to specific consents, such as, but not limited to, when the Company:
- To provide products and services or information requested by Users, to communicate with Users in order to answer a question, for internal quality assurance purposes or to manage the quality of information provided through the Website ;
- Offers rewards, product or service offers and targeted benefits ;
- Organize promotional activities and contact contest winners ;
- Designs, improves or markets products or services and improves the Company's product or service offering (which may include marketing studies and surveys);
- Verifies the identity of Users and protects them and the Company against fraud and misrepresentation.
- Informs Users about news, updates, information and special offers concerning the Company's products and services via electronic messages.
- Use PI to investigate a violation of federal, provincial or foreign law, or to protect or defend a legal interest.
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of personal information
The Company undertakes not to publicize, sell, rent or share the PI with third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company will disclose PI to third parties in the following cases:
- The User has expressly authorized the Company to communicate the information provided for a specific purpose ;
- Third parties act on behalf of the Company as agents or suppliers of goods or services, and information is communicated to them solely for the purpose of improving the provision of the Company's services. These third parties are bound by strict contractual conditions to maintain the confidentiality of all information and to use it only for purposes related to the provision of the Company's services and products;
- In accordance with the conditions applicable to a Company service or the sale of products, to facilitate the provision of the service in question or the sale of products, in particular to satisfy legal requirements;
- The Company is required to provide personal information in response to a valid court order, a subpoena, an investigation by authorities, or when otherwise required by law. The Company also reserves the right to report to law enforcement authorities any activity that the Company believes, in good faith, to be unlawful.
- The Company may disclose certain PI when it deems such disclosure reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of third parties as well as those of the Company or to ensure compliance with the User's obligations to the Company.
Retention of personal information
The Company stores PI securely and confidentially within the applicable timeframes to comply with our legislative requirements.
The User's rights regarding personal information
In accordance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, the User has certain rights with regards to his personal data, in particular:
- Protecting the confidentiality of PI ;
- Access to PI;
- Rectification of PI if it is incomplete, inaccurate or ambiguous
- Removal of your e-mail address from our newsletter mailing list;
- Withdrawal of consent to the disclosure or use of personal information, if applicable.
The User who wishes to assert his rights mentioned above by consulting the section contact us
The Company will process the request within thirty (30) days or longer if required by law. The User will be informed if the processing time will be longer than thirty (30) days. For more information about exercising your rights in Quebec, the User may also consult the following sites:
- Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec
- Secretariat for Access to Information and the Reform of Democratic Institutions.
Access to and modification of personal information
The User may access his or her own personal information in order to consult, update or modify it by :
- Contacting The Company via our contact form.
- Send your request to the following address:
Groupe Legault / Privacy Officer
11200 Renaude-Lapointe Street Montréal (Québec) H1J 2V7
Isabelle Lemay, CFO
Security of personal information
The security and protection of PI is important to the Company and to this end, the Company ensures that it takes reasonable technical, contractual, administrative and physical measures to protect the User's PI, including 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, where required.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Company shall in no event be liable for any direct or indirect damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, goodwill, data or other intangible assets. The User agrees not to sue the Company, including but not limited to, in the event of theft, illegal use, unauthorized disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction of personal information by a third party.
Only authorized Company personnel have access to personal information. Company employees are informed of their obligation to maintain the confidentiality of such PI and may only use it in accordance with the principles set out in this Policy and applicable laws and regulations.
The Company has security measures in place for the transmission of PI during a financial transaction on the Website. Each session is automatically deactivated as soon as the transaction is completed. Despite the mechanisms put in place by the Company, it is the User's responsibility to ensure that the transaction remains confidential at all times and to properly close the transaction session.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is the User's responsibility to be vigilant and not to leave the computer, tablet or telephone unattended after logging on to the Website, and to ensure that the User logs off properly.
The Company takes precautions to comply with applicable laws regarding the privacy of minors. The content of the Website is intended for a general audience and not for minors. The Company therefore does not seek to collect the personal information of minors without the verified consent of the holders of parental authority or otherwise as permitted by law.
Hyperlinks to third-party sites
Cookies and other technologies used to collect data
The Company uses various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Site.
Cookies are bits of information sent to the User's computer when he or she visits a website. Cookies are recorded, temporarily or permanently, on the hard disk, leaving a trace of the User's visit. This may include information such as the date and time of the User's last visit. Cookies can also enhance the online experience by recording browsing preferences on a specific website.
Only the sender of the cookie file is able to read it.
For further information on cookies: www.allaboutcookies.org.
The User agrees that third parties, media or advertising partners may place advertising cookies on the Website in order to identify the User's interests through the content consulted on the Website and to personalize the advertising offer sent on or off the Website.
The User may deactivate cookies on the Website by participating in the Ad Choice program of the AdChoices in Canada - Learn about the blue icon & your choices (youradchoices.ca).
The Company uses standard Internet technologies, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track the User's use of the Website. Web beacons are small images inserted on a web page that serve a similar purpose to cookies in tracking activity. The Company may also insert web beacons into e-mails or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The PR and NPR (collectively, the "Information") obtained allows the Company to personalize services to the User, to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of advertising, content, programming or other activities on the Web Site.
The Company may permit third parties, including its authorized service providers, advertising companies, and advertising networks, to serve advertisements on the Website. These third parties may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect data about Users who view or interact with their advertisements and thus serve targeted ads. The Website does not transmit any PR to these third parties.
The Company also uses analytical cookies to collect the following information:
- Your IP address;
- Your Internet service provider;
- The day and time of your visit to our Web Site;
- The region or municipality based on your IP address;
- The type and version of your Internet browser;
- The type and version of your device's operating system;
- The screen resolution of your device;
- The language of your Internet browser;
- The type and model of your device (computer, tablet or phone);
- The URL address of pages visited on our Web Aite;
- Your activities (clicks, scrolling) on our Web Site;
- The URL address of the domain of the previous site visited;
- The point of origin (banner, e-mail, social network, print publication, advertiser's website) of your visit to our Web ite.
The Company uses the Google Analytics program to measure the use and performance of the website and to compile statistics and traffic volumes for its content. The information obtained with this program is stored by Google on servers that may be located outside Canada, notably in the United States.
The User may download the browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics, if necessary.
The Company also uses the Hotjar program to better understand the User's experience on the Website and to improve the services the Company offers to Users. Hotjar uses the information obtained on the Web Site pseudonymously and stores it on servers that may be located outside Canada, notably in Ireland.
To deactivate Hotjar, please visit this page.
Questions, comments or suggestions
The User may contact the Company via the contact form for any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this Policy.